Approved Installer Program
Multimedia Solutions launched a new Approved Installer Draka UC Connect training programme. The training is delivered by CNET, who has been providing specialist technical training across the globe since 1996. With over 15 years of experience in the communications training industry, CNet Training provide the most relevant and real life training courses available in the USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. CNet Training is accredited by the largest number of independent organizations of any communications training provider these include IET, The CPD Certification Service, City & Guilds, Edexcel (a Pearson Company) and BICSI.
Benefits of becoming a Draka UC Connect Approved Installer:
- Access to unrivalled and diverse product and system portfolio from the Prysmian Group including Sirocco Blown Fibre
- Complete end-to-end passive solutions for Enterprise, Datacentre and Industrial Applications
- UK/EU manufactured Cable
- Installer friendly High Density Category 6 and Draka Patented Category 6a F/FTP designs
- 3rd Party Approved Systems
- 25 year UC Connect Warranty
- Advantages of Draka UC Connect Approved Installer Training
- Reduce costly design and installation errors
- Provides installers & in turn end user clients with a high calibre of engineers, giving piece of mind
- Gives the engineers, at all levels the confidence to interface with customers & consultants on a technical level
- Differentiate your company, showing you are up to date with current standards and installation practice
- Keep ahead of the competition with the USP's available from the UC Connect range
- Approved Installer Certificates will be issued in the individual’s name, reducing the risk of installations being conducted by untrained personnel
Draka recognises that our market is mature, and that there is a high level of technical competance and experience within the installer base, however Draka want to ensure that it’s Approved Installers are right upto date with the latest standards and technologies whether they have been establised for decades, or new to the industry.
Points to Consider:
Installers new to the industry must recognise the difference between a normal punch down RJ45 Jack and toolless RJ45 Jack. If they don't then you could have an instance where they are using a tool on a toolless jack and getting problems with testing!
Experienced installers have been installing UTP for the past 2 decades. With increasing demand for 10G systems, it is now common place to terminate Cat6a U/FTP cables with significant installation differences.
Also when estimating a Shielded Cat6a project, did you realise that Draka UC Connect cable is available in Reelex boxes? Reducing costly installation time and outlay for A frames to hold the 500 metre wooden reels.
Finally, we all know there are issues with space in containment, especially when in comes to adding to an existing system. Do you know all the Patented high density cables from Cat6 and Cat6a range of Draka cables?
The communications industry is very much an innovation-led industry with solutions such as Draka UC Connect introducing products often many years ahead of future standards. Draka UC Connect Warrantied System which include Bendbright, UCFuture, UCFibre, UC500, UC1500 are several examples, where you may not know the full benefits and utilise the potential of the products which in turn could save you time, money, give you a differentiator to your competition and also give your customer a future proofed system.
So we have gave you the reasons why you should become a Draka UC Connect Approved Installer and attend the Training Programme, but "how much is it going to cost?"
Draka have kept it simple with two Approved Installer training options
- Electronic Format for experienced Installers. The applicant will study on-line and will be required to pass the E-book examination on the 1st attempt. Cost £150 + vat per applicant.
- Physical Training Event. This is a 2 day fibre/copper course cost £550 + vat per applicant and is held in the CNET Training centre in Bury St Edmunds.
Draka recognise that funding for training is obviously tight in the current climate, so we will rebate your training costs for upto 2 attendees once you have installed Draka UC Connect products to a value of £15,000 which you have purchased from your nominated Draka UC Connect Distributor. We would also be happy to run training courses at a venue local to you, or tailor a training package to include other Prysmian Group Systems such as Sirocco Blown Fibre (additional charges may apply).
How To apply?
Just download and return the application form